Friday, January 21, 2011

Getting Bigger!!!

Mom's of Multiples are Freaks of Nature--You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lgB_HGEE

So a mom of twins posted this on facebook yesterday and Braden and I watched it last night and its hilarious! Little do people know that this is how EVERY conversation goes with strangers and for us, and it has already started and they aren't even here yet. Granted, I know people have no idea how offensive some of these questions are, because I certainly had no idea until I've been on the receiving end of them. But so far, in our short time of 18 weeks of anticipating being parents of twins, most of the conversations go like this:

Us: "We're pregnant"
Them: "That's great! Congratulations!"
Us: "...with twins!"
Them: (Fearful look) "Yikes! Well good luck with that! Better you than me!"

Or in the beginning when we were honest:

**After they know we're having twins....
Them: "Twins?? Do they run in your family or did you do fertility?"
Us: "Yea, I was on some meds"
Them: "Ahh...that's why you're having twins..."

...the reaction is almost as if they're saying because I was on medicine, they're not "real" babies or something and they're not counting as kids?? Its been very strange! So after the beginning responses to that, we have quickly moved to:

Them: "Do twins run in your family?
Us: "YES! Both our great grandparents were twins and my brother has twins!" (which is mostly true, except its my "step" brother so there's no blood relation, but no one needs to know that!)

Soon we will change it to "Yes, our cousins, our grandparents, our uncle, etc were all twins! It really runs in the family!"

But along with the negative comments and responses, there have also been many people who are extremely positive and supportive...which means the world to us!!! And aside from it all, we remain very excited and anxious for them to get here:)



1/2 Way Point Picture! I think today is officially half way to 37 weeks! YAY! I feel like I'm growing really fast right now and I still have so much longer to go! I look at my old clothes and wonder how I ever got myself into them...so hopefully WHEN (not IF) I get back to my normal weight, I will appreciate my size 2 pants and small shirts!

It is really sweet though (and frustrating,) we were at Target the other night and I told Braden that I need a cocktail dress for our upcoming Nat'l Sales Mtg in FL and he said I was absolutely not buying "another" dress and I can wear one that I have! Its really nice of him to think I can fit into a little black dress that I already needed to be down 5 lbs to get into before! He thinks the same with jeans and doesn't understand why I keep having to buy new pants! I won't complain that he's not calling me fat yet:)

2 comments:

  1. When someone makes a negative comment about having twins just realize they are either A. Jealous, or B. way to wimpy and could not even coupe with twins thus why God DIDN'T pick them to have twins..... You were picked for this job and he picked well!!! (crap now I'm sounding like a God freak) XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Christa's post!! Only few people are blessed with the chance at having twins, you are so lucky to be given this gift. And as much as you know that now, you will know even more in a couple of years. The bond is like nothing else!!! You and Brady are going to be amazing parents, and those babies are so lucky to have you two as well!!! :)

    You can say your cousins are twins (me and Mary), and use that every time (even though we are not blood, we do look alike) haha ;)

    ReplyDelete